Digital Form Signing
DIGITAL FORM SIGNING
Some forms allow users to digitally sign them using a Digital Certificate. This a great way to ensure information does not change and to verify the identity of the signer. Most forms that allow for digital signing are in PDF format and as such require the use of Adobe Reader. Please follow the below steps to properly configure Adobe Reader to digitally sign forms.
NOTE: At the time of this article the latest version of Adobe Reader is 'Adobe Acrobat Reader DC' which is the version used in this tutorial. If you do not have the latest version installed you may download it from Adobe for free.
1. Open Reader DC and click on 'Edit' then click 'Preferences' or press 'Ctrl+K'
2. Click 'Security (Enhanced)'
3. Make sure the following items are checked:
- Enable Protected Mode at startup
- Protected View is set to off
- Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones
4. Click 'Signatures' then under 'Verification' click 'More'
5. Under 'Windows Integration' check 'Validating Signatures'
6. Restart Adobe Reader DC. Then sign into Entrust to sign digital forms.